• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw arrows and put texts on photos using Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm new to Lightroom Classic CC. I've been using Photoshop for work and I find it very easy to use. We've decided to try Lightroom Classic CC to see which one is easier to use.

With the job we're doing using Photoshop, we need to draw arrows and put texts on photos. My question is, can I draw arrows and put texts on photos using Lightroom Classic CC? If so, is it worth it to switch from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic CC?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

No, that's a job for photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's a job for photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a job for Lightroom?! How can a product which is part of the most respected family of photo editing products known to man not be able to do the simplest of tasks that I bypassed so many other developers who somehow were able to have their software squeak into existence, yet the mother of all photo editing companies is unable to provide with their free or paid versions of their Lightroom products? So one has mortgage their future in Hope's they will be able to invest in enough Adobe photo editing software tool, plugins, filters and arrow templates in order for this almost crazy idea of me being able to draw an arrow on a group photo with an even more infinitely more complex 'me' note that goes with the arrow, cross my fingers and hope the classes which will need to be taken in order to get all these software modules communicating correctly with each other, when proper incantations have been ceremonially performed in correct order, will, cross fingers, produce what must be so highly classified for reasons of internal Adobe security, is 'need to produce only' level product deviation and most precious 'arrow - me', ( me --->) output.

Or is Adobe just feeling too cocky about stooping so low with something that might just be too easy to try and make seem layered in complications?

Unbelievable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.
I wanted to add a simple arrow to a photo with Lightroom and Photoshop, but they have no simple way to do this.
I had to save the photo as a .jpg and then add the arrow in about 10 seconds using Snagit Editor.
What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there isn't an answer to a question, please move your soapbox elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have trust in your calligraphy skills you can use a brush Mask (with Flow +100 and Density +100) uisng the attached Preset.

Not as pristine as Phothsop text but still you can have notes in LrC like this AND imo notes done like this look more personal and real.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 23.06.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines