• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropping my Photography Plan and resuming it later

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been paying for a monthly subscription to the Photograpy Plan but only use it a few times a year, almost entirely in Lightroom Classic. What are the ramifications of dropping the subscription, and then resubscribing when I need it again? I know I wouldn't be able to use the software to develop pictures, but would I be able to look at photos in the Library module of Lightroom Classic library? If not, when I resubscribe, would I be able to re-load my library, which is stored on my hard drive? Apparently my Lightroom Classic library is not synced to my Creative Cloud Storage, so that shouldn't be an issue. (I do have some Lightroom (non-classic) photos there, but they are under the 2gb limit.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be aware that subscriptions are for a 12 month period- If you cancel part way through a 'year' you will incur penalty fees for the remaining part of the 'year'.  So if you only want to unsubscribe for a couple of months then it may not be wise (financially) to cancel your subscription.

CANCELLING & REFUND POLICIES

Your Lr-Classic Catalogs are 'yours', they belong to you. Cancelling a subscription or un-installing LrC will not delete or remove your Catalogs or photo files. And yes, they would simply re-open in LrC at any time in the future. 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize it was considered annual, billing monthly. I went in and looked at my account, and under "Manage Plan" I got this friendly screen about canceling the plan. I clicked through, and it warned me about everything I would be giving up, but did not warn (at that point) that I would have to pay the balance of the annual plan. Next, it offered me 2 free months. I accepted that offer. I don't know if, had I refused that offer, it would have finally taken me to a screen warning me that I would have to pay a penalty by canceling early. So while it does say it's an annual plan, it certainly looks like it was going to let me cancel and walk away. Maybe that's the case for people who have already subscribed more than a year?  Something they do but won't admit to? It is good to know that resubscribing will let me open my old catalog again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"..it offered me 2 free months..."

That is interesting!  An 'Incentive' to stay subscribed. 🙂

I have not heard of that before.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines