• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate folder in the Folders panel

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed a duplicate folder in the Folders panel. Both point to the same folder in the Finder. However, the expansion triangle in the lower one (see attached screenshot) doesn't expand to show the folders within. 

A few minutes before I noticed, I'd added a file to the top folder, and it now shows it contains one more file than the duplicate. Don't know why both didn't update. 

How could I end up with duplicate Lightroom folders that point to the same Finder folder?

How can I safely remove one of them?

2022-01-02-1430-53.png

Thanks,
Russell

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Most likely the "capitalization bug", the parent folders of these two have different capitalization.

Explanation and fix here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/catalog-same-photos-same-location-but-shown-twice/td-p/9989122

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the "capitalization bug", the parent folders of these two have different capitalization.

Explanation and fix here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/catalog-same-photos-same-location-but-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Best,
Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines