• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate folder name in LrC

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason there are two parent folders namped Photos.  They're both pointng to the same parent directory in Mac Finder, but they do not have duplicate content.  Some of the sub-folders are present in both, but not all.  I tried merging them by moving the content of one to the other, but it wouldn't allow me, citing duplicate folder names.  Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.37.51 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they both exist in the Finder, then do the following (in Lightroom). Select the folder you do not want, make sure you have all stacks expanded and no active filter, and select all photos in that folder by pressing Cmd-A. Then drag and drop those photos on the other folder. This will move all the photos to that folder, and leave the first folder empty. You can then remove that folder by right-clicking on it.

If only one folder exists in the Finder, then this is the 'capitalisation problem', but I don't believe that is the case here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines