• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated Camera Matching Profiles appear in the profile browser

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the upgrade to LR Classic 11 (Windows 10), the profile browser in the develop module shows duplicated camera matching profiles: 2 faithful, 2 neutral, etc... The duplicates are slightly different, one being a bit warmer.

Capture.JPG

I must say that as a Canon R5 user I wasn't happy with the built-in profiles, purchased the color fidelity profiles... The latter are now disabled in the profile manager, but I guess I must have done something wrong when trying to get decent colors our of my CR3 files...

Any idea on how to get rid of the duplicates ? Preferably keeping the right ones... 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Perhaps you have two sets of camera profiles in the same hard drive folder with similar names.

Use Windows File Explorer. On C drive bring up

/Program Data/Adobe/CameraRAW/CameraProfiles/Canon EOS R5/  (corrected path, issue with incorect paces )

also found in

/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Resources/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS R5/

and

/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom CC/Resources/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS R5/

Should be just six files.

• Canon EOS R5 Camera Faithful.dcp 
  • Cano

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have two sets of camera profiles in the same hard drive folder with similar names.

Use Windows File Explorer. On C drive bring up

/Program Data/Adobe/CameraRAW/CameraProfiles/Canon EOS R5/  (corrected path, issue with incorect paces )

also found in

/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Resources/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS R5/

and

/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Lightroom CC/Resources/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS R5/

Should be just six files.

• Canon EOS R5 Camera Faithful.dcp 
  • Canon EOS R5 Camera Landscape.dcp
  • Canon EOS R5 Camera Monochrome.dcp
  • Canon EOS R5 Camera Neutral.dcp
  • Canon EOS R5 Camera Portrait.dcp
  • Canon EOS R5 Camera Standard.dcp

In all three locations above, My copy had just those six for the R5

NOTE: OP found them in AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I could check the last 2 directories you mentioned, but strangely enough I don't have the first one. 

Anyway, some further research got me to the directory ... AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles where the imported and user-created profiles live. Deleting the contents of this directory has solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines