Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

During move to a new computer Sync folder was emptied

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from an "old" Mac to a new one. On the old system, I had my LRC catalog & image sync on an external SSD. On the new system, I am going to have it all on an internal SSD.

There appears to be an Image Sync bug(s).  Here are my steps:

1. Connected the external SSD from the old system to the new system
  2. Copied everything from the Catalog folder and the Image Sync folder to a new "LRC" folder on the new system
  3. Disconnected the external SSD
  4. Double-clicked on the catalog folder on the new Mac - which opened LRC
  5. The catalog opened in LRC, but I received an error message stating that the sync folder could not be found
    1. That makes sense because I had disconnected the external SSD I had used on the old Mac so LRC couldn't find it
  6. So, under Preferences/Lightroom Sync, I changed the location to the Image Sync folder on the internal drive (the one I had copied from the external drive)
    1. I left the "Use subfolders formatted by capture date" checkbox on. (That's how I had it on the old system and that's how the file structure was in the Image Sync folder I had copied over)

That's where it went off the rails.

• LRC deleted the contents of the Image Sync folder I had copied over (bug #1 - don't delete all files).
  • It then started writing new sync files into that folder but not in any subfolder structure (bug #2 - when writing new files, use the folder naming structure as per the set options).
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?