• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easier way to use flat field correction in bulk?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a DSLR to scan film negatives, and the flat field correction feature in LR has been incredibly useful in compensating for imperfections in my lens and light source.

The only problem is that it is tedious to implement - since I have thousands of negatives scanned with literally identical setups/settings, I really only need one calibration frame. Having to find this specific file every time I want to convert a given negative is incredibly annoying. I would apply the correction to my entire library, but this isn't viable as, firstly, Adobe limits the numer of files that can be corrected simultaneously, and secondly, I have found that correcting files individually yields more reliable results (a separate issue). 

I'm wondering whether there is any way to save the data from a calibration frame as a profile, thus eliminating the need to find a file at some arbitrary place in my library every time I want to convert a negative.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?