• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge aware editing for 360 deg. Panos

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have read in the release notes for Adobe Camera Raw 11.4 that Edge aware editing for 360 degree images is now supported, but so far I have found using PS and LR that have CR 11.4 embedded that I am still getting edge seams, where is the list of what adjustments and sliders are edge aware and what are not. Where is the Adobe reference on this, I cannot find it anywhere so far. Can anyone report what sliders they have found that are or are not 360 edge aware?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you see that? That is certainly news to me. I highly doubt Lightroom would have implemented this even if ACR has. Lightroom does not have camera raw embedded. It is just built on the same code base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4 uses ACR 11.4 look at the About page under help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't. There is no reliance on ACR in Lightroom at all. They just built Lightroom using the same code which is what is meant by the mention in the about screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the Camera Raw 11.4 release notes:

"Edge aware editing in 360-degree panoramas

"Previously, when making adjustments to a 360-degree panorama it could result in a seam appearing around the merged edges, especially if you edit Clarity or Dehaze. Starting with this release, you can make seamless edits to 360-degree panoramas, even when adjusting Clarity or Dehaze. This feature is currently not supported in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop."

Note the reference to Clarity and Dehave.

Normally, improvements in Camera Raw get incorported in Lightroom Classic at the same time. While the Lightroom 2.4 release notes mention edge-aware editing, the Lightroom Classic 8.4 release notes do not. This could have been an oversight, or perhaps the feature is missing from 8.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone point me to the Camera Raw release notes for various versions, can't find them for the life of me. I have found:

I'm specifically looking for Camera Raw 11.4 release notes. I'm sure I read somewhere that Photoshop Camera Raw is now edge aware (but not v11.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to get Edge Aware editing working in Lightroom Classic and also Camera Raw 11.4 with JPG, TIF and PNG files (even though there is no mention of support for PNG) and it works for all adjustment sliders except Chromatic Aberation. In some cases I had to use a clunky command line tool called EXIFTOOL, to add EXIF XMP Metadata tag, "ProjectionType=equirectangular", if it is not there. But why can’t Adobe enable this to be added as a simple check box or at worst using the metadata editor in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is cool and I will certainly try that out! I do a lot of 360 panos and this inability to edit them because the seems get messed up has frustrated me often. Have you tried tiff with the right exif tag in Lightroom?. A simple checkbox would be the right approach indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

How did you get that working? I am trying to get any of my 360 Tif files working, but nothing works.

Also, I export from PTGUI and it supposed ads the information:

"ProjectionType=equirectangular" to a files exported in equirectangular-mode

any idea?

Thank you,

Roberto

P.S.

Adobe support is useless here. they point me out to how to build seamless panoramas, what has nothing to do with 360 editings. And they did not even want to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's been a while, but we just had that problem and figured it out:

The image needs the XMP-Tag "ProjectionType=equirectangular" (added it with exiftools) and must also be in 2:1 aspect ratio, then it will work correctly on at least JPG, PNG and TIF files. And yes, a checkbox for "360 pano wrap-around" would have made a lot more sense instead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create a Metadata template in Lightroom, and ad 360 (Equirectangular) in the settings.. and when you import 360 Images, select that Metadata Preset. works great.

The only thing not working with Adobe Products... they do not recognize the top line and the bottom line as 1 Pixel. So depending on the kind of tool you use, you will have a circular weird look later in the sky.Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 17.21.08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sir, are a legend. Been doing my head in. Made a META preset as per Ian suggestion now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also possible edit an 'existing' metadata preset to include the Equirectangular projection.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but I found that many domes then do not have that applied if you already made changes to the look. So they later have a line in the image when exporting. Safe is only while importing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should post a problem report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature requests. If this problem happens in both Camera Raw and LR, post in the Camera Raw forum: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_camera_raw_and_dng.

If it just happens in LR, post in the Lightroom Classic forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm specifically looking for Camera Raw 11.4 release notes. I'm sure I read somewhere that Photoshop Camera Raw is now edge aware (but not v11.4)."

I can find the release notes for later 2019 (Camera Raw 12.0 - 12.1) and 2018 (10.0 - 10.5) but not for the earlier part of 2019 (11).

Adobe used to have a simple organization for release notes but "improved" it with chatty marketing blogs and has made a complete pigsty. I often have problems finding the complete release notes for the most recent release.  For LR release notes, I got to lightroomqueen.com, which does a much more complete job of publishing release notes, but unfortunately, she doesn't include Camera Raw.

I tried searching at the Internet Archive just now, but it's search is currently down.

However, I'm very confident that Camera Raw 11.4 included the improved edge-aware editing.  My previous post last Sep copied from the 11.4 release notes.  The Lightroom 2.4 release notes say, "Create seamless 360-degree panoramas with the edge-aware Adobe Camera Raw update." (emphasis added). Camera Raw 11.4, LR Classic 8.4, and LR Desktop 2.4 were all released at the same time. A third-party article describes edge-aware editing in 11.4.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How hard can this be folks? Just google "Lightroom Classic new features" and you get.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new.html

See in that "Fill the uneven edges of your panorama'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fill the uneven edges of your panorama"

That's a different feature from edge-aware editing, which is what Iantresman2 is asking about:

"Automatically fill uneven edges in panoramas. [Camera Raw 12.0] When you merge photos/HDR photos to create a panorama, select Fill Edges in the preview dialog box to automatically fill the uneven and transparent areas of your panorama/HDR panorama."

"Edge aware editing in 360-degree panoramas. [Camera Raw 11.4] Previously, when making adjustments to a 360-degree panorama it could result in a seam appearing around the merged edges, especially if you edit Clarity or Dehaze. Starting with this release, you can make seamless edits to 360-degree panoramas, even when adjusting Clarity or Dehaze. This feature is currently not supported in the Camera Raw filter in Photoshop."

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines