Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments in Photoshop is no longer appearing

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, just befre an update everything worked fine. When I hit CMD+E on my mac, it would open a window asking me if I wanted to edit a copy, the original or with the Lightroom Adjustments but that is no longer the case. Only when I hit CMD+Option+E the window appears but that is only for Luminar4 and gives me no option for Photoshop.

The temporary fix that I am doing is saving the XMP data to the file by selecting it and hitting CMD+S and then hitting CMD+E and it opens it in photoshop with all of the adjusements fine.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, it is correct- IF you are sending a raw image to Photoshop.

Ie. Selecting a proprietary raw file (NEF, CR3, ARW, etc) and [Edit-In] will never show the dialog for a 'Copy'.

Selecting an RGB image (JPG, TIF, PSD, PNG) and [Edit-In] WILL show the dialog with the options.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

The problem is that there were cahnges made to the RAW file within Lightroom. Color, saturation and profile colors were changed and I wanted to edit with those changes and adjustements already made in photoshop. When I hit, edit in photoshop, it just opens the unotouched RAW file without any adjustments.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So changes to the raw have to be rendered into a new version. It's a 'raw' edit. 

Edits you make in Photoshop and land back into LR are not raw any longer. So if you 'edit' the raw, that's a different document and data. 

IOW, what you want, an edit with Photoshop edits along with newer edits to the raw can't be done. You draw a line in the sand when you tell LR to edit in Photoshop; that raw and edits are rendered so you can actually open it in Photoshop. You make edits in Photoshop, it's now a TIFF (or whatever you setup in prefs), it is no longer raw. The original raw exists of course. And you can edit that and again open it in Photoshop but the other edits from Photoshop 'live' in another document. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 for the explanation from @thedigitaldog 

When I hit, edit in photoshop, it just opens the unotouched RAW file without any adjustments.

Can you explain this more?

Do not be confused by the window Tab in Photoshop that might indicate you have opened the 'raw'- That is normal!

eg. Opening an .NEF file by [Ctrl+E] in Lr-Classic:

2021-06-09 06_54_49-RHC-D200-00772.NEF @ 16.7% (RGB_16).jpg

The File-type changes to TIF or PSD when you [Save] the file.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines