• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit In Lightroom and all the tool in the sub-menu are grayed out. Help!

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 10.3

I did right click on Edit In and all the tool in the sub-menu are grayed out.

Anyone help me? I am very appreaciate it

Quang5D39_0-1626193442971.png

I was able to edit before. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

One instance in which this can happen is if you are working with Smart Previews. This can happen if the images are on an external hard drive that has been disconnected but smart previews have been generated to enable editing in the absence of the full-sized images. I don't know if this is the situation in your case, but smart previews will not be allowed to be edited by external editors from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One instance in which this can happen is if you are working with Smart Previews. This can happen if the images are on an external hard drive that has been disconnected but smart previews have been generated to enable editing in the absence of the full-sized images. I don't know if this is the situation in your case, but smart previews will not be allowed to be edited by external editors from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  I was working with Smart Review. Thanks for the answer.

Any solution for this? How do I disable working with Smart Review.  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart previews are often used to replace the full-sized images when they are not available. If the full-sized images are on a removable hard drive that is disconnected, then simply connect that EHD. That will make the full-sized images available again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Weird.

You certainly already got the answer ;
go to Preferences
fond external editors
select the one you want
name and save

You can have multiple external editors. ( Photoshop, ON1…..) Just repeat the process above for each external editor.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric’iMac 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines