• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop does not create copy of RAW files

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic 12.2 on a Windows 11 system (fully up to date).  Sometime in the last few weeks the "Edit in Photoshop" feature stopped working for RAW and DNG files.  Lightroom will not make a copy of the file (does not prompt), launches Photoshop, but since there is no file to edit it stops there. I've tested this on multiple filetypes and found it does not work for RAF (Fuji RAW), DNG, and CR2 files.  It does work for PSD, TIF and JPG files.

I have uninstalled Lightroom and Photoshop, reinstalled Photoshop, reinstalled Lightroom and the problem persists. I have reset all the Lightroom preferences to the defaults.  I have turned off the GPU under Performance.  None of those steps solved the problem.

The System Info from Lightroom is attached.  It says I'm running Windows 10, but I am running 11.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

When you open a Raw or DNG file in Photoshop, it's opened via Camera Raw using Lightroom settings and doesn't become a rendered file until saving. You will never get a dialog asking to make a copy. This dialog is for rendered files only. 

Now this issue that no file appears in Photoshop is a different matter. And @TheDigitalDog's sequencing is vital. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. The order is what is very important here.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you open a Raw or DNG file in Photoshop, it's opened via Camera Raw using Lightroom settings and doesn't become a rendered file until saving. You will never get a dialog asking to make a copy. This dialog is for rendered files only. 

Now this issue that no file appears in Photoshop is a different matter. And @TheDigitalDog's sequencing is vital. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines