Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop issues when editing multiple files

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am having some issues recently with 'Edit in Photoshop'.

When editing a project I mostly end up with a selection of 10 to 15 photo's (Ricoh Theta .jpg files) for which I need to make a specific photoshop edit. I have always selected those photos together, chose 'Edit in Photoshop' and those photos would all open up as a separate file in PS. After the PS edit (inserting a separate file and copying the layer) I choose 'Close All', check the box for saving and I would find my edited photos in LR. 

A few weeks ago I noticed some strange behaviour and the workflow as mentioned above stopped working. I keep getting error messages from PS and LR (I attached a screenshot of the last LR error) and sometimes LR keeps giving pop-up error messages so much I can't even close the program normally. 

Does anybody experience the same issues and more importantly does anybody know a solution to this issue? I use this 5 to 10 times a week.

PS: In the LR popup I select 'Edit with Lightroom adjustments'. I work on a 2016 Macbook Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start what version of the OS  and which version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

LRC 10.2

PS 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did these problems start after you upgraded either to Big Sur or to the newer Adobe applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember exactly, but to my knowledge it happened after the Adobe update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Edit In Photoshop gets wonky, one thing to try is uninstall both (use the CC app), then install Photoshop again first, then Lightroom. DO keep your preferences when asked. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can always go that way, but I hope to find out what could have caused this to prevent it from happening again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I would do what the digital dog suggested!

(HI Andrew!!)

Sometimes when an application updates, little bits from the previous version do. not get properly deleted and then the new version has a problem.

Uninstalling the old apps (I take it step more and actually restart in between) and then installing fresh new versions, often clears out the fault-causing bits!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just experienced the issue again. I'll go with the full reinstall then. I'll let you know if it solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully it will - always has for me!! Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines