• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop no longer includes Lightroom adjustments

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just upgraded to Lightroom Classic 10 (for Mac OS) and suddently Lightroom adjustments aren't  applyed when sending a file to Photoshop using "edit in Photoshop". Specifically, the profile I've applied in Lightroom is removed and replaced with the regular Adobe color profile. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a solution? I'm on Mac OS 10.15.7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

So, after looking at this, Adobe's engineering team concluded that this is an intermittent issue affecting Mac users. They're working on a patch to be pushed out with a future update. Until then they simply suggested rolling back to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BW image is BW because it has a BW camera profile applied, not because it's converted to BW. In this image's case, that's the profile missing in PS. My problem isn't with one image, or one profile. I  assumed that the difference would be clearer, that is all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the image I posted before I resent it to Ps as a Smart Object. then Double clicked on the layer in Ps and that opened ACR and all the setting are the same as in LrC.

Then I made a Virtual Copy of that image, Converted the VC to a B&W image then again opened in Ps as a Smart object and it opened as a B&W image.

2020-10-22 19_44_13-© L1016452-2 @ 25% (L1016452, RGB_16) _.png

They are all the same and show all the same edits.

I'm not trying to say YOU (and Others) Don't have a problem but it has to be Machine specific. Sometghing on your system, the install of either LrC and Ps are the cause and not a wide spread bug.

It works fine on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings in PS, perhaps relating to workspace, could be overriding LrC edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD I've combed through PS setting trying to figure this out, but so far come of with nothing I'm afraid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm sure it's machine specific, since clearly not everyone's been affected. It does seem to be a bug, though, according to Adobe support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after looking at this, Adobe's engineering team concluded that this is an intermittent issue affecting Mac users. They're working on a patch to be pushed out with a future update. Until then they simply suggested rolling back to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version of what? Lightroom Classic? Photoshop? ACR? All three? As you have upgraded your catalog you cannot simply go back to Lightroom Classic 9, because that means you would also have to go back to your pre-upgrade catalog (and lose what you have done since the upgrade). I would rather use the workaround with smart objects that I suggested and you confirmed can be used (by switching to another profile and back in ACR)...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion was to roll back LrC to version 9. It would be feasible in my case--I still have the v.9 catalog and haven't done any critical work since upgrading (I had been warned about this particular issue, but hoped it wasn't a bug but something fixable on the user end). I will take another route, and simply not use roundtripping to PS as part of my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this same issue, but on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue on mac now. It just started and it's ruining my workflow. Has there been any update adressing this issue or is it still a work in progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the issue persists. The most popular workaround seems to be to save the metadata with the file (cmc+s on a Mac, so ctrl+s on windows?). It works as long as you don't want to treat different versions in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Windows.  I've been troubleshooting it for hours today.  I also have the Canon R5 and using a custom profile from Color Fidelity as Adobe has not updated theirs for the R5 yet.  Well, at least I can take a break from troubleshooting it as others seem to have the same issue and Adobe is aware.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I changed the Profile in LR to the stock Adobe Standard from my sync'd CF Standard and it works as it did before.  Hope they get this fixed or update the Canon R5 color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard using default profile.  I was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there , 

same issue for me using Big Sur . 

"creative profiles with lookup tables in them are not applied correctly when using the Edit in Photoshop command"

really hope they come with a fix soon !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right clicking on the image > Metadata > Save Metadata.

This is what FINALLY worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think I got it to work again by not changing the Metadata / keywords on import.  I will try it again with saving the Metadata.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! Thanks you so much! Months of pain on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another variation of this is in the LR File: Catalog Settings: Metadata => Select "Automatically Write changes into XMP".

Then you don't have to remember to save the metadata when you edit in PS.  

Colin Walker from Color Fidelity who creates custom profiles for cameras Adobe hasn't gotten to yet made this suggestion and it works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If (for whatever reason) a profile which does work for Lightroom Classic, does not work for ACR on the way into Photoshop: there is a workaround.

You can take ACR out of the picture by having Lightroom Classic itself complete the job and save result as a file (that is immediately imported to LrC). Then PS opens this directly ready for any further editing and resaving. You can tell the difference because the title of the PS document already shows a TIFF / PSD filename; it does not still reflect the Raw source's filename, as it would when still unsaved to disk.

An external editing preset bypasses the normal route via ACR: it "forces" the Render-by-Lightroom method.

Just as, when a non-compatible ACR version is detected; or, with any editor app other than Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi its not just Mac users...when i work in lightroom and then click to open in photoshop none of the editing work i have done in lightroom is on the image when it opens in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 Same here.
I think this is happening again since from the last update on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines