Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in PS doesn't work

Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is soooo enfuriating, I am paying to use LR and PS, not making sure I am spending hours on a regular basis, almost every time you decide to push an update.

I am using a MacBook Pro (2022), M1 Max, 64 Gb RAM, fully spec'ed.  LR and PS are the latest version of each in CC.

Every few months, the same thing happens, that after doing an update, I cannot edit in PS from Lightroom classic anymore.  Last week, this was working fine.  So far, I have spent over 3 hours in getting it to work and really need to edit a Newborn session I shot, I am doing some basic edits in LR and then to PS for more rigorous work.

I have already removed PS from my Mac, rebooted and reinstalled (soft, so keeping all my settings etc). And YES, I do want to keep all my custom set brushes etc.  Last time, because Adobe did something, I lost all of my self created brushes, presets, actions, etc.  It has cost me weeks to redo everything, because even though you have set it to back up those files and save them, they are not actually saved (thank you for that bug).  Since it didn't work after reinstalling and rebooting my machine again, I tried it again, no luck.

I removed PS again and rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted --> tried again, still nothing.

Removed PS AND LR (keep settings) and rebooted.  Then installed it again, hoping that would solve the issue - still not.  On my desktop PC (also a very powerful machine, this works like a charm), but my Macbook is faster and it should just work.

PS is actually opening, but then nothing happens.  In the beginning, I was greeted with a pop up if I wanted to create a document. when pressing No or cancel, I just get to see the last photos I have been editing in PS. when I hit yes, I see a white-ish rectangle, as a piece of paper, but not my photo.  After the reinstallations, this is not popping up anymore, nor is the picture I am trying to edit.

All my raw files (CR3, Canon R5), are on the SSD of my Macbook and all are "assigned" (not missing photos). I am a lllooooooooooong time user of LR and PS (since before LR v3) and I know what I am doing, but this issue is just crazy, especcially as it happens multiple times a year.  As said, last time, it was fixed with removing everything and recreating EVERYTHING from scratch, which cost me weeks, if this will happen again, I will move away from Adobe.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

I have just checked the full disk access again (although PS 2023 was already listed and "on").  I have tapped "+" and then re-added Photoshop 2023 and Lightroom Classic.  It seems to work now.  So I guess it's the right answer, but I don't understand how it's listed and on in the full disk access list (and I am 100% sure it's the right app/year), yet it's not giving proper access rights.  There should be a pop-up from PS/Adobe saying it can't open because of access right issues or something.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the MAC, in the MACOS, have you made sure that both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop have Full Disk Access?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-give-full-dis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD, Yes, both have full disk access.  That is definitely not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just checked the full disk access again (although PS 2023 was already listed and "on").  I have tapped "+" and then re-added Photoshop 2023 and Lightroom Classic.  It seems to work now.  So I guess it's the right answer, but I don't understand how it's listed and on in the full disk access list (and I am 100% sure it's the right app/year), yet it's not giving proper access rights.  There should be a pop-up from PS/Adobe saying it can't open because of access right issues or something.  I have spent HOURS on this to solve...  Thanks again for your reaction.  If the issue comes back, I will surely update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to solve similar problem experienced by following suggested steps. However, whenever tried to allow access to Adobe Photoshop 2023 it is adding Adobe Photoshop (Beta) instead of PS. Various attempts yielded similar results. Don't know how to proceed - not being able to make use of PS effectively. LRC files not opening for editing in PS / open files as layers in PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, since last week. Re-intsall of PS didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you re-installed PS and LrC, etc, did you install PS first, apparently that can be an issue, PS should get installed first. Has nothing to do with original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.  I did install PS first indeed.  But the issue seems weird to me - first installing PS shouldn't make a difference.  Also, it has worked well in the past and suddenly, after an update, it stops to work as it was/expected, which is very frustrating. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here as well. And of course, it only happens when on a tight deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines