• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited in Photoshop from Lightroom and the edit is not saving in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right clicked on a photo in Lightroom > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Made the edits in PS > Clicked Save.... Went back to Lightroom and the edited copy is NOT in lightroom. I still have my edited photo saved in Photoshop but I can't pull it back into lightroom. Please help. I would like my edits to be in Lightroom. It was a big edit and I don't want to try it again for it to save in Lightroom.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

1. Is it perhaps stacked with the original?

2. Is it perhaps not sorted as you assume it should be? What is your current sort?

3. Some have had an issue that reseting the PS preferences fixes, some not. That is the PS prference file, not the LrC preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is it perhaps stacked with the original?

2. Is it perhaps not sorted as you assume it should be? What is your current sort?

3. Some have had an issue that reseting the PS preferences fixes, some not. That is the PS prference file, not the LrC preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It's not stacked, I just double checked and "unstacked".

2. I just unfiltered my library and viewed all photos as opposed in their collection. Turns out the photo just didn't return to the collection. Weird. But phew!!! 

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, yes, forgot number 4, were you working from a collection, the image brought into LrC will not get added to a standard collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using Save, not Save As right? 

When the link between the two gets wonky, one possible fix is to uninstall both LR and Photoshop using Adobe Creative Cloud but keep preferences when asked. Then install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. The order is kind of important. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I clicked Save. Now it won't let me "save" again. I tried it with another photo and it went right back to Lightroom so maybe it's a one off glitch. I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines