• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing HDR (made in Lightroom) on my PC works very slow.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm currently experiencing problems editing HDR picture in Lightroom. For example, with the adjustment brush, it takes a very long time before the selection is seen on the screen. And often the selection shoots all over the picture. I don't have this problem by editing a single picture (i.e. not HDR).

My PC specs. are:

• Windows 10 Home 64bit
  • Intel Core i7 4790K - 4Ghz - Haswell 22nm Techn. Aries: 16Gb Dual-Channel DDR3 - 800MHz (10-10-10-30) /
  • Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) (socket 0) /
  • Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 (MSI) - 2047Mb /
  • Storage 232Gb Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250Gb (SATA (SSD)) /
  • Ram: 16Gb Dual-Channel DDR3 - 800MHz (10-10-10-30) 

It would be nice if anyone have an idea what maybe the problem is, and how to fix it ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you turned on/off the Use GPU processor in your Preferences>Performance tab. What is your Camera Raw Cache setting at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello cmgap, I allready send a reply included two files, but I think that has go wrong. Another try:

- my GPU processor is turned 'on' (basic).

* but I can't turn on the 'GPU' use for file editing (proces version 5 or higher)'

- Camera Raw cache setting location: C:\Users\.........\Appdata\Local\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache2

- Camera Raw cache setting maximum format: 20 GB

- Catalog file is on: D:\..........\Afbeeldingen\Lightroom

- Previews are on: D:\..........\Afbeeldingen\Lightroom

- I can tell You something more: when U use the option to make the HDR in Photoshop and then editing further in Lightroom it seems I have less problems, although it is sometimes slow also. 

Hopefully You can tell me more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines