Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Editing or deleting watermarks with version 12.0

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let an upgrade happen on my Lightroom Classic and now I've lost all of the Watermarks I'd created. Sigh. Trying to recreate - can't remember which fonts I used so have now created multiple ones trying to recreate the ones I had before.

How on earth do you delete watermarks and can't we just edit without the need to save as a new one?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Watermark that you save is placed in a folder- If you look with File Explorer-

C:\Users\{Your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

If you see files with the .LRTEMPLATE file-type in this folder, then they are your watermarks.

Is your folder of watermarks empty?

You can delete saved watermarks from this folder just using File Explorer to move the files to the Recycle Bin. (Restart LrC)

If you want to 'edit' an existing watermark-

1) Select it from the Drop-down menu in the name field (that may show 'Custom' )

2022-10-27 14_57_53-Watermark Editor.jpg

2) Click on the Drop-down menu a second time and choose - [Update Preset..Name Selected]

2022-10-27 14_56_55-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

If you are really keen to know what font was used in a saved preset- you can (in File Explorer) Open the .LRTEMPLATE file with Windows Notepad, and the font will be found in the file. Example-

2022-10-27 15_02_47-Class of 2017.lrtemplate - Notepad.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.0.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.0, Lightroom 6.0, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, appreciated. I couldn't see the Update preset option but have seen delete which is very useful.

I found that folder, but sadly all the ones I'd created before are gone - only the ones I've created with the Lightroom update are there so I'm back to the drawing board for those. Appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines