Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing photos between LR Classic and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, 

I'm trying to edit a photo between LR and PS. I usually just right click the photo, choose "edit in Photoshop" then it opens in PS. Then I do my edits, close and save. The edited photo usually then appears as a copy back in LR. But something is wrong.

When I close and save, there is no photo copy. with the edits appearing in LR. 

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm using LR Classic 11.5 and Photoshop 23.5.1 on a Macbook pro running OS Monterey 12.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also check the sort order in Library. (in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, press T if you can't see it)

If it is set to Added order, the image will be at the end of the library.

Set it to File Name, and the image will appear next to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that uninstalling and reinstalling will do the trick. That is useful if Photoshop does not open at all. This is different. Check that you do not have an active filter. The photo that returns is a TIFF or PSD, so if you have a filter that filters only raw files, then you won't see the returned photo. Go to 'All Photographs', make sure the is no active filter, and then check if the photo really did not return.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines