• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing video in the Develop mode? New feature?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I was really excited to read it is now possible to do some (limited) video editing in the Develop mode. I have upgraded my versdion of Lightroom Classic to 11.4, but I still get the message — as before — 'video is not supported in Develop'.

I'm comfused. The Adobe web page says it is now possible to edit Video in Lightroom for Desktop — though apparently in version 5.4. How is Lightroom for desktop different from Lightroom Classic? And it the ability to edit video in Lightroom coming to LR Classig anytime soon?

(OSX 12.4, macbookPro 16inch 2020)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Lightroom for Desktop and Classic are two different products. The video feature in Lr Desktop is new and superior to that found in Classic, which has seen much love in a decade or more. If video is your thing, then best download and try Lr for Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video editing in Lightroom Classic has been available for years. This is not new. You do it in the Library Module in the Quick Develop panel.

Since I don't use Lightroom, I only use Lightroom Classic, I can't comment on how similar or different video editing is in the two softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom for Desktop and Classic are two different products. The video feature in Lr Desktop is new and superior to that found in Classic, which has seen much love in a decade or more. If video is your thing, then best download and try Lr for Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines