Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits from Photoshop not saving in Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am following these instructions but the new version of the photo with Photoshop edits does not appear (in stack)  in Lightroom Classic. It is saved to the hard disk however and there I can see all the other photos in the folder - including the one just edited in Photoshop. How can I get it to show in Lightroom?

I use Big Sur v. 11.2.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Send a photo from Lightroom Classic (I have v. 10.11) to Photoshop (I have Photoshop 22.3) for edits that change the content of the image, such as removing objects, adding a border, applying a texture, or adding text.

1. Select an image and choose Photo > Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2018. 
  2. In Photoshop, edit the photo and choose File > Save. A new version of the photo with your Photoshop edits appears in Lightroom Classic; the original remains untouched by Photoshop.
    • The edited version appears with the original in a stack—click the number on the thumbnail to hide or show the stacked versions.

------------------------------

Moved to Lightroom Classic by Forum Host

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Have you power cycled your computer? There is a Photoshop update that was released today... update - shutdown - reopen and try again. Let us know if you can repeat the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Great! And thanks for updating your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you power cycled your computer? There is a Photoshop update that was released today... update - shutdown - reopen and try again. Let us know if you can repeat the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello cmgap!

Excellent, I followed your instructions and it now works as it should. The edited file is saved (stacked)  in Lighroom and is visible with the photoshop edits.

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! And thanks for updating your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iI have the same problem and have tried evrything but when choosing file>save it does not work and comes up with a message saying "could not save as ..........  because the file could not be found" would be really thankfull for some help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I'm having this issue with the latest versions of Photoshop and Lightroom (Cloud Based one). I have done everything but I can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with the new photoshop "save" changes in ver.  22.4.1. When sending a jpg file from lightroom to photoshop using the lightroom "edit in" feature, how would you now save changes made to the jpg file back into lightroom. It used to require simply chosing "save" in photoshop for the updated file to show up back in Lightroom. Now, using the new "save a copy" feature in photoshop does not cross back over to lightroom and required re-importing the updated file into lightroom. Besides being an additional step it results in (3) versions of the file back in lightroom. Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same isue.  Even worse, when I'm in Lightroom and go to 'Edit In Photoshop' the photo opens in photoshop without all the changes I have just made in lightroom. And then no way to save back to lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well.  I thought it was my system.  What I end up doing every single time is, click on the folder where the photo came from (same as the one the original came from), right click and then click on 'synchoronise folder'.  It's a pain in the backside to have to do this every time but it works, ie. LR picks up the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue too. After I'm finished in photoshop I hit command S to save it, but it doesn't return back to Lightroom. I have to go to the library section right click on the folder and select synchronise, this will bring the image into lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue too. I'm working of a 24 m1 mac. Frustrating.

I found a way around. I've plugged a Samsung ssd t7 into my mac, I put the Lightroom catalogue in the there, and the RAW files, as long as I'm working out of there everything works like normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines