Edits/history gone after restoring raw files - LR 11 Classic

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 11 Classic
Windows 10

Hello everybody.
By mistake I removed some edited raw files. I restored them from the recycle bin and updated the LR folder. I think I clicked both "Syncronize Folder" and "Update Folder Location".
I now see all my images, but without edits/edit history .
Also, the automatic XMP export option was not active and the last backup dated 7 days ago.
What I am asking is:

- Is there a way to revert catalog back to the previous situation in order to recovery edit history?
- Is there something I can get from the folder /Appdata/Roaming/.... ?
- As I managed to export a first copy of my work in jpeg, can these files be useful?
Cattura.JPG
Basically, my goal to have raw files back with edits/history.

Files I have in my folder:
(Catalogo LR)-v11 Helper.lrdata
(Catalogo LR)-v11 Previews.lrdata
(Catalogo LR)-v11.lrcat-data
helper

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronizing folders and Importing photos both mean that Lightroom Classic thinks these are entirely new photos that LrC has never seen before, with no edits (and therefore no history).

If you have a recent backup of your catalog file, use that. If not, your LrC 10.4 catalog is still on your hard disk somewhere, use that. If those are too old, then I think you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Links with some helping info-

To restore editing data for a selection of photos where it exists in a backup catalog-

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

The hazards of Folder Synchronization, why you should never do it to restore edited photos-

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines