Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded preview corruption

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why when i press 'Embedded Preview' burron on the image in Library mode, do my images get visibally corruped? If i remove that image from Lightroom and resync, its ok again.

Lightroom up to date. 

Example attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

If I understand your descriptions, I might suggest that your photo files are corrupted.

The good image you see, the 'embedded' camera preview may look OK when you import, or even when you re-import, but as soon as you click the 'embedded' icon you are forcing Lr-Classic to build a Preview from the raw data. It is the raw data that is corrupt.

ie. a 'good' embedded view, 'bad' raw data.

You need to investigate where the corruption is occuring- Camera? Memory Card? USB cable?.

See a similar forum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Final report. (if anyone is still folowing this). I swapped the USB cable on the CF reader that might have been causing th issues, re imported into lightroom, and they all seems fine. 
So potentially was a dodgy USB cable all along (as you said it might be)

Still interested to hear back on the Embedded Preview button i have that no one else seems to have, maybe its a mac thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final report. (if anyone is still folowing this). I swapped the USB cable on the CF reader that might have been causing th issues, re imported into lightroom, and they all seems fine. 
So potentially was a dodgy USB cable all along (as you said it might be)

Still interested to hear back on the Embedded Preview button i have that no one else seems to have, maybe its a mac thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"maybe its a mac thing". Quite possibly. I never see this 'button' in Windows-10, and I cannot find (at this moment) a reference to it in any searches of 'Help' pages! So I presume your 'blue button' and the 'embedded' Badge both disappear after developing and the Grid previews update.

The 'Embedded Preview' was a feature introduced in Classic v7.0-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-classic-october-2017-70/

So a dodgy USB cable all along. Feels good when you solve a problem, hey!! 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK well it want the cable, as its still happening. Ive tried new cards, i have two cameras, im thinking its in the transfer process some how. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the embedded preview button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines