• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhance - "Super Resolution" process removes the crop

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use this feature it removes the crop. Now I know this I will crop afterwards BUT this makes it pretty useless to use on images already worked on. Having to repeat work is silly. I thought it was a bug but Help tells me this was done intentionallly. Do you developers not live in the real world, he asked curiously?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edit/Followup/ My comments below are wrong

Enhance Resolution is to be used before other edits. It creates a new image to be worked on. Enhanced resolution ignoring previous edits, at least that one, is probably by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julieanne Kost's video here demonstrates (MacOS LrC 10.3) current edits, specifically mentioning crop, transferring - nondestructively. 

I have just upgraded my 10.2 to 10.4, on Windows, and confirm the same. But I don't know why or how this should behave any differently for the OP. Perhaps something to do with GPU compatibility, or needing a reset of LR Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color me confused because Adobe chat/help told me it does not hold the crop and real life is showing me it does not hold the crop...

I have deep respect for Kost but maybe something changed in the last update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify my previous post: the crop IS being retained for me. Windows, 10.4, PEF raw format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at that video,, I see I am wrong about the previous edits including crop.

One thing, tne crop is non destructive, unlike had you accomplished an export. The crop should show up as a normal edit that can be undone/modified. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested my LR 10.4 / Mac OS 11.6, and Photo > Enhance > Super Resolution transfers the crop to the generated DNG.

A full-resolution screen recording showing your LR's bad behavior might give clues as to what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no such issues on my end either, the crop is honored. Latest version of LR/ACR and Big Sur. 

Depending on the product, you may need to reset preferences or reinstall but this isn't a bug, it works as expected.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works fine for me on my system.

Full file enhanced, crop retained.Full file enhanced, crop retained.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines