Exit

Epson custom paper fails to rotate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 11.2, Latest Epson Print driver.

MacOS 12.2.1 Monterey

I have an Epson 7500 which uses 24" wide roll paper. I have a 24" x 12" panoramic image to print, so I want to print it across the width of the printer to save paper.

To define a custom sheet, I need to specify the "Width" as the length across the carrige and the "Height" as the length of roll paper AND select print orientation as Portrait.

So in this case Width = 24", Height = 12", Orientation=Portrait.

This failed, the image was cropped and appeared half way across the page.

I tried the exact same setup in Epson Print Studio and it printed correctly first time.

I went back and tried both combinations of width and height and portrait/landscape orientation all failed!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If memory serves Epson custom print sizes must be defined as Small Dimension X Big Dimension.  What happens if you reverse the values in custom image sizing?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the swift response!

Indeed, define it like an A4 portrait sheet is a good way to remember it. The short edge is the carriage. However, when defined that way, I have to tick Rotate to fit and I end up with the image printed long-wise rather than across the carriage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines