Erased wrong hard drive?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have erased a hard drive which was the one I used for my Light room classic photos. Does anyone know if I can download the photos from LRC back to my hard drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Lightroom Classic forum from Using the Community

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC does not store your photos in the catalog itself. LrC does not store your photos in "the cloud".

You need to find the backups of your photos, and use those. You can also try data recovery software, or data recovery services, perhaps (no guarantee) they can recover the photos even after the drive has been formatted.

As a last resort, you may be able to recover the low resolution previews of your photos from LrC (assuming the catalog and previews were not on the disk you formatted) by using this plugin: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on the OS and how you formatted the drive, very unlikely you'll get any or all the data back. Please tell us you back up your important data like this on a regular basis. Then the fix is super easy.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines