• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 205 on LR Classic start-up

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue last Thursday, I got an Error 205 message followed by shutdown of LR Classic running on a MacbookPro iOS 10.14.6. The program has been running without issue on the same machine for more than two years.  I assume auto-update had installed LR Classic v10.3 earlier in the week.  After uninstalling antivirus (Malwarebyte-free), I uninstalled LR Classic 10.3, downloaded same once again and reinstalled it.  Received Error code 205 upon start-up.  After nearly two hours last Thursday and Friday of txting with Customer Service, redooing their corrective proceedures (I would not permit them to take contol of my computer), I still had no resolution.  Attempting to call Cusotmer Service four times this morning, I was disconnected each time - very unprofessional or very poor telecommunications USA to India (I presume). Anyone in the Community have a solution for this Error Code 205 problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fibberslodge. I just wanted to ask if you had any success with getting past 205 on your lightroom launch?

I've tried just about everything EXCEPT a complete uninstall of all things Adobe -- and I personally am ticked to consider that after years of tweaking, that I may have to try this next, as my last resort.

Like you, my experience with Adobe phone support has been dismal, so I would prefer to hear something from someone who has actually resolved it OTHER THAN the complete removal and reinstall of the CC Suite.

And it only seems to happen with Lightroom. That I don't understand.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me...I just logged out of my Adobe Account; logged back in for a fresh connection and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's hilarious because... when I finally did a get an Adobe tech to help me through the chat service, he worked my machine and did exactly everything I did already:  uninstall, reinstall, run the cleaner a few times, check logs... after about a half an hour of this, there was a long pause, and then he just logged me out and I logged back in. Retried the LR start and... I was in.

I'm thinking maybe Adobe should stick: "Try signing out, then sign back in before restarting the installation" as the number ONE step to try. It wasn't on their list of advisable steps, but it should be. 

Thanks for stepping in with your story. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did not work for me. No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines