• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error exporting images using LRMogrify with Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of LRMogrify with the latest version of Lightroom Classic and I get this error message 90% of the time when I export which basically says "./LRMogrifyExportTask.lua:85: attempt to concatenate field 'LR export bitDepth' (a nil value) (1)".

Has anyone else come across this issue and more importantly a fix?

I am using an M1 Mac running macOS 12.6.

I emailed the developer but their emails have been shut down.

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 3.26.14 p.m..pngScreenshot 2022-09-26 at 2.52.35 p.m..png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying this in a publishing service? Then this is a known issue. Mogrify should work in normal export, however. If not in a publishing service, then what image type and bit depth do you use for export? The error mentions a problem with the bit depth of the exported image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the reply! I am exporting just to the desktop actually and exporting as a jpg which has to be 8bit but all the RAW files were shot in 16bit which might be causing the issue but I don't get the error all the time so not sure if this is the cause or not?! it's very frustrating as it's such an incredibly useful plugin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the reply! I am exporting just to the desktop actually and exporting as a jpg which has to be 8bit but all the RAW files were shot in 16bit which might be causing the issue but I don't get the error all the time so not sure if this is the cause or not?! it's very frustrating as it's such an incredibly useful plugin!

By @peadarotuathail

No, the bit depth of the original image should not be the problem. Mogrify adds something to the exported image, so it only deals with that image, not with the original. I hardly ever use Mogrify2, but I do have it installed and when I tried it on my MBP M1 Max and Lightroom Classic 11.5 recently it worked fine. Maybe just luck...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 and 11 with Lightroom Classic 12.1.

Have you found a solution anywhere else? 

Screenshot_Error-MogrifyOnly.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines