• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Lightroom 10 previews preventing backup with Bvckup 2 Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing Bvckup Pro 2 (BP2) to automate backups from my working drive (2TB internal HDD) to a secondary SSD (Sandisk Extreme 2TB).  BP2 threw an error on the source scan, flagging Lightroom Catalog-v10 Previews.lrdata\E\E29A and \2\27DC.  Support from BP2 thinks these are corrupted files. Can I delete them?  If I don't, might they cause a problem when I update to v11 (which I'm anxious to do but waiting for the bugs to settle).  As this appears to be previews, I'm thinking it might be ok to delete them but I don't understand the nitty-gritty of LRC file dynamics.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

.You can probably skip the previews altogether. If you were to loose the previews folder, LrC will just recreate them. The most critical thing is to back up your catalog(s) and image files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.You can probably skip the previews altogether. If you were to loose the previews folder, LrC will just recreate them. The most critical thing is to back up your catalog(s) and image files. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth, thank you, that makes sense and I should have figured it out on my own!  I'm just a little (ok, a lot) nervous about messing with LR files as I don't understand them well--time to learn some more.  I can exclude them when I specify the backup job parameters in BP2.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two files you need to backup are 'lrcat' and 'lrcat-data'. Lose or mess up either of these and you're going to be very unhappy. The rest can be rebuilt fairly easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ian.  Duly noted!

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines