• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Lightroom cannot start because there is not enough room on the hard drive named...

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was on LIghtroom relocating photos and editing earlier and left for a few hours. I came back and tried to open it was alerted "Lightroom cannot start because there is not enough room on the hard drive"  but there is over 100 GB left in the hard drive. Below are two screenshots of when I try to open LR from desktop and when I try to open the backed up catalog from file explorer. PLEASE Help. Idk what I did wrong, this is so frustrating 

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While having LrC closed, please check if there is a .lock file in the same folder as the catalog (.lrcat).

If yes, delete it and try again.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, your drive C, 100 Gb available. Where is your catalog located? Drive C? If drive C, how much space available in percent? That is %. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines