• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: ?:0: attempt to compare nil with string

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when trying to add an image to Quick Collection in the latest LR Classic update:

?:0: attempt to compare nil with string

How to solve this? Thank you

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

A number of people have reported this error message or a similar one when trying to add photos to collections, after updating to LR 10.  Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-files-to-collections-i-get-this-error-0-attempt-to-compare-two-nil-values/5f9091ea35f40c2520b9ecc4 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more lik

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very pleased to see the workaround here. T hank you.

Less pleased that such a significant, irritating bug got through Adobe's testing.

Even less pleased that it's been five weeks and Adobe has not released a patched version.  This seems the kind of major, simple bug that would warrant an emergency release rather than waiting for a future version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jhon! Hoping this works. I been dealing with this inconvinient situation for a good 2 months. An update has yet to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I been dealing with this inconvinient situation for a good 2 months. An update has yet to fix this issue."

The bug was introduced in LR 10.0.  LR 10.1 will likely be released later in December and will very possibly fix the bug.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been fixed in LrC 10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently it has not, as I found this thread when the issue happened to me
last night, and I’m running 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10.1 now and I've confirmed that it's fixed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed, I still have the same error. EXTREMELY annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the plugin LogiOptions? known pos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Evidently it has not, as I found this thread when the issue happened to me last night, and I’m running 10.1."

Double-check you're really running 10.1 by doing the menu command Help > System Info. The Creative Cloud app sometimes fools people into thinking they're running on the "latest".

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I still have the same error."

What were you doing in LR when the message appeared?  What version is shown when you do the menu command Help > System Info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines