Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error message default app

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message when I try to install a plug-in to lightroom classic

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or if one is alread installed, create an association in the default app settings page

How do I fix this

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the precise steps you're taking to install the plugin?  Can you provide the plugin's name and web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you downloaded a plugin, then double clicked on it to install. Those plugins are not applications. That is not how they get imported into LrC.

Your source should have directions on the how  to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not double click on the package I simply extracted it and than used the plug in manager to install and set it up. I get this error when ever I try to install any plug-in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are the precise steps you're taking to try to install it?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page

That would be an error message from the Operating System, not an error message from Lightroom Classic, or from the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Hence my previous reply.

It literally states you tried to run a file, a non executable file, but Windows could not associate the file with an installed program to use it.

This would be like double clicking on MyLightroomCatalog.lrcat. Windows knows run Lightroom Classic, when you do so. If you did not have Lightroom Classic, that attempt would fail.

Now, you did not do that, instead you used LrC to import a file, so why dies. Windows think you did.

Sounds like something is wrong with your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Google

search on:

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I had a problem with Adobe Lightroom Classsic because I'd get this error message when clicking on the links generated for my collections.  It turns out that my OS did not have a default web browser selected.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines