• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: The destination folder for this action is missing.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before upgrading to LR CC Classic, my Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer worked as a plug-in. Now, after updating to LR CC Classic, I get this error message: The destination folder for this action is missing.(/Library/Cache/Canon/PrintStudioPro/PrintStudioPro-LR-TEMP).

Anyone know how to solve this problem so this version of LRCC will still find this plug-in for my printer?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Batbike  wrote

Where exactly is the Library/Cache/Folder if it is not under Applications, or under Canon, or under Adobe? That's what I meant. if I can't find it, I can't create a path.

There are several Library folders in Mac OS X.

One is in the ROOT of the Macintosh HD.

One is in you Username folder, Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library.

There is no Library folder in the Applications folder.

But in neither of the Library folders that I can find on a VM of OS X 10.8.5 is there a folder called Cach

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating this folder manually?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in the Applications Folder for Library under Applications, Canon, and Adobe and couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batbike  wrote

I looked in the Applications Folder for Library under Applications, Canon, and Adobe and couldn't find it.

Couldn't find what?

You were asked "Have you tried creating this folder manually". That mean going to the /Library/Cache Folder and creating the Subfolders for this path /Canon/PrintStudioPro/PrintStudioPro-LR-TEMP. Or whatever part, folders and subfolders, of that path is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly is the Library/Cache/Folder if it is not under Applications, or under Canon, or under Adobe? That's what I meant. if I can't find it, I can't create a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

A path is a series of folders, so the path you see in the message means that you go to the 'Library' folder on your hard disk, look inside it for the 'Cache' folder, look inside that folder for a 'Canon' folder, look inside that one for a 'PrintSudioPro' folder and finally look inside that one for the 'PrintStudioPro-LR-TEMP' folder. If any of them is missing you could create it manually.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clear description of where I would find this and the path to reconstruct it. I have no Library folder in any of this folders, so I will have to create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful to get me started.  Some clarification could be added as follows:

1.  Finder, Go to folder /Library/Caches

2.  No Canon folder is likely to be found even after uninstall / reinstall of the app

3.  While in flnder "/Library/Caches use Finders "File, New Folder" and create create a "Canon" folder

4.  Click on that folder, then use"File, New Folder to create a subfolder "PrintStudioPro"

5 Click on that folder, use "File, New Folder" and create PrintStudioPro_LR

Worked for me, and I hope others that stumble on this old thread find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, number 5 got truncated.  S/B PrintStudioPro_LR_TEMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happend with me, but with Canons PPL. I just followed the same steps you have listed here but with the folder names relevent to my error message. It worked!!! Tkank you for the advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batbike  wrote

There are several Library folders in Mac OS X.

One is in the ROOT of the Macintosh HD.

One is in you Username folder, Macintosh HD/Users/YourUserName/Library.

There is no Library folder in the Applications folder.

But in neither of the Library folders that I can find on a VM of OS X 10.8.5 is there a folder called Cache. There is one in both called Caches. So I suspect that folder was created by the printer as a place to store files to be printed, a Spool folder of some sort.

I also think the Library folder the path is pointing to is the one in your UserName folder. Also called the Home folder on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up to this problem, I was never able to find in any location /Library/Cache folders. But, I did find in the Canon folder, the folder for Canon ProStudio, and in looking in its subfolders, I found "Install Plug In". I clicked it, and the problem was solved. Apparently when I upgraded to LR CC Classic, it didn't re-install this particular Plug-in, although I had clicked to install all Plug-ins.

Sorry to have bothered you active members of the community with this problem, and I sincerely thank you all for your assistance. Thank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to be sorry. You didn't take up any bodies time. That is why we come here, to help other users.

Glad you got it sorted out.

And yes there is a Library folder in your UserName, Home, folder. Apple hides it from the Users View. If you do a Google search for Show Library folder in the User Name folder on OS X you will get links on how to show that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC lost its link to my existing Canon PrintStudioPro folder and subfolders which are clearly found in my Library.  I went to Print Studio Pro in Applications and chose Plug-In Install.app as mentioned by Batbike which restored PSP functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all, this was the fixer for me - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and I solved it by creating the folders on my main Library, i.e. not under a user name, like this. Print Studio Pro worked just fine afterwards.

[YOUR MAC HDD NAME]/Library/Cache/Canon/PrintStudioPro/PrintStudioPro-LR-TEMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me but only after I created it in the main library. The user one didn't do the trick. 

Thanks ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had trouble accessing the Canon Professional Print and Layout software plugin via Lightroom Classic (June 2022). When i tried to open the plugin, i got 'The destination folder for this plug-in is missing'. After creating the file myself, it still didnt work. What wasn't made clear initially, is that when you install the software, it doesn't automatically install the plugins for Lightroom and Photoshop at the same. This has to be done manually via the Canon folder in Apllications. Once done, all works perfectly as expected. Hope this helps other folks with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer. thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the steps to do it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lillians, yes, very frustrating.  I've had to fix this several timers.  If you scroll back to two messages from me rickw37258472)

you will find the steps that cured ths issue for me.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

snap -202310-05 at 10.03..png

When trying to load Canon Professional Print & Layout plugin in Lightroom Classic (Oct 2022 latest Adobe versions) this error came up saying the cache folder was missing (even after this plugin has worked fine in the past).

The answer to solve is below:

1. Open Finder, navigate to Macintoch HD
  2.  Open 'Library' folder, then 'Caches' folder
  3. Create a new folder called 'Canon'
  4. Inside the new 'Canon' folder, create a folder called 'Professional Print & Layout'
  5. Lastly, inside the newly made 'Professional Print & Layout' folder, create a new folder called 'PPL_LR_TEMP'

snap -202310-05 at 10.02..png

Probable cause: I believe what happens is when I use my CCleaner or similar software to eliminate cache files to help my mac run faster, it removes this folder and it needs to be added back in manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also this walk through provides extra extra support for detailing how to fix the Canon Professional Print & Layout Plugin error "The destination folder for this operation is missing." when trying to print using the plugin on Adobe Lightroom. The path it's looking for is "/Library/Caches/Canon/Professional Print & Layout/PPL_LR_TEMP". This video walks through solving it simply 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does not work for me even if creating exactly what it says that it is missing. Every time I get this, I need to re-install the plug in....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines