• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when creating a virtual copy

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error when I try to create a virtual copy from a photo that aleready has one or more virtual copies. The error doesn't occur when I create a virtual copy from a photo thad didn't had a virtual copy yet.

Lightroom throws out an interesting error message in the console:

standard 19:37:26.956506+0100 Adobe Lightroom Classic Oops! An untagged string (entity:doneConstructing(): Field "propertySpec" does not have a value.) got thrown far enough that we display it to the user. This shouldn't happen.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-13 um 19.37.54.png

I had the same error earlier with Lightroom 11, but i went away after the next Update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

Im on a MacBook Pro M1, latest OS, with Lightroom Classic 11.2

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

I've exported the whole catalog and imported it into a new empty catalog. I now can create virtual copies again, on all photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are seeing while creating virtual copies in Lightroom Classic. We're here to help. Since when is it happening? Did you try to check if the same happens for a new catalog? 

You can add Lightroom Classic to the accessibility list for macOS by going to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > select the Privacy tab. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Files and Folders, then restart the computer to check if that helps.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note: Please take a backup of your presets, plug-ins, etc., before resetting the preferences.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

I've tried everythin you've mentioned but it didn't help. I think it is a problem in the catalogs database structure. I think I frist had the problem in in Lightroom Classic 11, with Version 11.1 the problem went away and now it's happening again in Version 11.2. But I'm not sure, if it's related to the Version of Lightroom.

Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

I am still facing this problem. Any more ideas? resetting the preferences didn't help.

I also exported all images to a new catalog, but that didn't help either.

Thank you and regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is up to date, I even tried a dwongrade to Version 11.1, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to install the latest update to Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 and check.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I am on the latest Update already, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've exported the whole catalog and imported it into a new empty catalog. I now can create virtual copies again, on all photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines