Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Error when updating to LRC10. Catalog cannot be updated

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

like many others, my catalog cannot be updated to the LRC v10. Installing version works. But then it asks for 'updating my catalog' (huge 200k photos - 2.5Go). Shortly after starting the process stops and I have a message with NO error code saying that 'the update cannot be completed'. And that's it ! 

So now I have  a LRC v10 and a catalog not compatible with it. 

I NEED to fix this as I've been invited as a photographer by BenQ and Xrite to be the guest star in a webinar about 'color management' (Sep 23rd). Not only I cannot use LR right now(well I can with an empty new catalog), but I will have to explain to subscribers that LRC crashed and cannot be trusted. I LOVE LR. But this is a big problem. 

And btw, applying a roll-back would have been a solution but the 'older versions' option has disapeared for the CC app. I'm stucked.

Thanks for your help. 

I'm using W10 latest update.

GPU is not activated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Win 10 and LrC 10.4 here. When V 10 came out I had no issue ugrading my 180,000 image catalog. I don't think I have actually seen any other post with an issue like this. 

If it were my system, I would check to see if all the drives involved had plenty of available space. The other thing I would try is to reset the LrC preferences and if no joy on that, use the Adobe CC Cleaner app to wipe all LRC stuff off your drive and reinstall.

BTW, the Other Version option is still there for me in Adobe Creative Cloud app. You have to be in the "All Apps" tab a the top of the left hand column to see the three dots at the end of the line for each app.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the version of LrC you are updating/upgrading from?  9.4?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines