• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while importing develop presets: Unable to import presets - All items were already imported.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running latest version of Lightroom Classic (9.1, Camera Raw 2.1) on Mac (recently updated to Catalina 10.15.2). Have never had any issues with either lrtemplte or xmp templates before. Recently purchased a new set of .xmp develop presets that I tried importing by going to Develop tab> Presets> Import presets... nothing happened. Next time I tried I got the messge box sying: "Unable to import presets. All items were already imported."

Tried all tricks I could come across online:

- Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets is checked

- Store presets with this catalog - tried checked and uncheced

- Copying presets directly to the Settings folder 

- "Manage presets" checking they're not unchecked

- "Reset hidden presets" 

(and of course restaring LR every f** time...) 

Any suggestions guys?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac Finder, do a quick filename search to verify that the new XMP files have not already been imported.

Check the folder permissions on the destination folder. There seems to be a new-ish system app for working with the new Catalina security. (As a Windows guy, I don't know much beyond that.)

Worst case, you should be able to manual copy the XMP files into the ACR-LR folder (or subfolder) then use the Lightroom UI to group them into a "folder" as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I finally figured out the problem (which turned out to be something slightly different). The vendor has been selling these presets in various boundles and the name set within the .xmp file was not matching the file name - it was actually something completely different... Thus I was looking for the wrong titles all the way and the few new presets drowned in the total list..

However your tip was the one that put me on to it. Since I've been trying to import them in all sorts of ways the files were copied all over the disk and in particular one place I didn't expect them: In the Import Settings catalogue. So I learned that my Lightroom for some reason copies the imported presets into the Camera Raw/ImportedSettings catalogue, rather than the Camera Raw/Settings/User Presets catalogue as described in preferences>presets. Anywyas ones I was able to locate them on disk I browsed through the xmp file and made the discovery of the non-matching names...    

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! 

So I am getting the same error message and did all the things you tried.

I looked in "imported settings" and they are listed there as well but I don't quite understand how to fix the issue of them not showing up in lightroom. The strange thing is that some of the presets from the bundle will - actually just the adjustments like WB, Camera profile, etc. -- But the actual 5 presets are the ones that won't show. 

What do I do? 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post LRC v7.3, or was that 7.2, Third party Presets do not get located in the "imported settings" folder. they go in the Camera Raw/Settings/ folder, and they do not go in the User subfolder. (presets you make in LRC go into that folder)

Old presets that were on that old folder prior to v7.3 , and by that probably lrtemplate files, get imported/converted to xmp presets on Camera Raw/Settings/. So if you are trying to import presets you already have, maybe they are in that location.

LRC does not accept presets that are more than one folder deep. so that could be an issue with presets copied. The import process should take care of this. But you might try copying the actual preset, not the folder to Camera Raw/Settings/ (inefficient, one at a time)

And as the OP attempted, in the Presets panel, click on that + symbol and select manage to see what is available (checked) and what is not, check thise you want visable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you found a way to solve this? I am getting the same error and cant get the presets to show up.

-I have tried folder permissions

-I ticked and unticked the mentioned boxes in Preferences

-I copied the files straight into the Settings folder

-Created a preset in LR, searched for it, copied the presets into the same folder

-Copied the files under every folder I could find 

Both into: user\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Settings\Settings\User Presets and straight to Settings

Then into: user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Then both into: user\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Settings\Settings\User Presets (this is where the preset created in LR was saved automatically and that shows up) and straight to Settings

When I try to import these files, I always get Unable to import presets - All items were already imported. Tried renaming some of the files, still get the same error.

One thing that worked though is that I created a preset in Lightroom, then took the file I cant get to show up, renamed it to have the same name as the newly created preset, then copied it to the same location, overwriting the file that shows up. But I have a couple of presets that I would like to import, I would prefer skipping this cheat.

I did restart LR inbetween each and every time, but I cannot make them show up. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I don't know how to solve it. What's more after latest update my Presets are also gone from the Mobile App on iOS so now I have no access to my presets at all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I do not see in your listing of attempted remidys, MAC OS Catalina Priacy security.

Outside of LRC. In the OS, bring up System Preferences (The OS system Preferences), select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab/button, scroll down to Files and Folders. Make sure Lightroom Classic and while you are at it Photoshop can access all those boxes.

4EF180F5-5985-487B-8265-CBDA38FE5D4B.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I finally figured out the problem (which turned out to be something completely different). The vendor has been selling these presets in various boundles and the name set within the .xmp file was not matching the file name - it was something completely different... Thus I was looking for the wrong titles all the way and the few new presets drowned in the total list.. I discovered this going through contents of the .xmp file looking for variations from other presets that worked... 

However your tip was actually quite useful! As all the permissions were not set correctly and Photoshop was missing all together. I was however having trouble adding changes to Files and Folders directly, but I was able to amit that by first setting full disk access for the applictions and then updating the files and folders tick marks and "retrieving" the full disk access.  

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain a bit further how you fixed this and maybe add some screenshots? I'm not sure if you're familiar but I'm using Negative Lab Pro and there are supposed to be profiles added during install (I've seen them use in tutorials online) but the name pops up for the profile and says profile missing when I 'convert a negative'.

The creator also just came out with a few new profiles which are in beta to add to lightroom. I've added them exactly as he instructed and they don't show up at all. When I try to reimport them I get an error message that says something like "Can't import because these have already been imported". But they don't show up anymore. Tried all of your above 'tricks' but to no avail.

Would appreciate any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS!!!! THIS WAS THE ONE THAT FIXED IT!!!! I'M SO GRATEFUL THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP WOW!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! can you tell I was pretty nervous about having had lost them. oh sheesh, thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread when Im googling similar problem.

I just purchased 40 pack presets from 1lightroompresets. and only 33 showing, when tried to add the missing ones, it said the presets already imported, and tried all the tricks above.

I even tried to copy duplicate manually the  missing folder containing the xmps from cameraraw/imported/ to cameraraw/setting, because I saw there are older preset on that folder, but still nothing.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mentioned that I use LR Classic 10, and under cameraraw/imported setting/ >>> I found the main folder Allinone folder, inside that folder all 40 preset folder are there, none missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I am going crazy. I recently purchased a new iMac and Lightroom Classic will not let me install any old presets OR make presets, but only randomly. I can't figure out any pattern or reason and I've tried everything to try to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some of my presets to work! I realized that some of the presets I was trying to import used profiles that were not installed on my new computer so I had to do some digging to find the profiles on my laptop and transfer them to my imac. Now all my black and white presets are working! However, I don't understand why I am still having problems creating new presets from develop edits I'm making on my new imac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would throw a solution that worked for me in here since I was searching!

In LR when you hit the + button to import new, I imported the UNZIPPED file from my downloads folder and that some how got all of the .xmps to import... 

Mysterious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue with some Presets -  LRC 13.0.1 Mac - Unable to import presets - All items were already imported.

Fix was deleteing problem Presets from folder LRC was pointing to. Then adding Preset Zip files to Camera Raw in PS.

Also added a straight .xmp in Camera Raw in PS and that worked as well.

They then showed up in LRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found what my problem was, I just needed to import only the archive through the lightroom interface, and I tried the unzipped folder first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines