• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exact same edits look different between LR 2015 and LR classic 10

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I've noticed that the same photo with the same edits (you can see on the history panel they are both at the same point) between two different versions of lightroom can basically end up looking different.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.54.03.pngScreenshot 2021-02-02 at 22.54.24.png

the first image is lrc 10 and the second is lr cc 2015 . this doesn't happpen this extent on every image but I've noticed they are all a touch different and it's a bit irritating to sort out after upgrading my catalogues which have a billion photos in each one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edit histories don't appear to be "exactly" the same to me. Are you using the same process version in both instances? Are all settings exactly the same in both instances?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you can see the edit histories are both set to the same point, but beyond that point they've taken different pathways.

that being said yes, the process versions are different as obviously LR 2015 and LRC 10 have different default processors, but other than that everything is the same as all I've done is upgrade the catalogue. Also when I change the processes in LRC 10 it doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also the change in camera profiles post-2015. That was the switch from Adobe Standard to Adobe Color as default profile.

Similarly, new process versions contribute to expected differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015 and LRC 10 both use adobe standard as default and using processing versions 3 and 4 as opposed to version 5 in LRC 10 doesn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice at one point in the past, when new choices and kinds of profile arrived in LrC (such as Adobe Color), images' profile got 'silently' switched when it was Adobe Standard (my usual default), to Adobe Color - even though I didn't ask for that to happen. Actively returning the image to Adobe Standard (if that was what I used before) while retaining the same process version and adjustments as before, has (for me) produced the same visual results as before. But that was an action I had to do.

That said, it has always been the case that the profiles for a given camera model may be altered in a Lightroom (Classic) version update. Usually in response to customer complaint that this profile is not delivering what's wanted. Since (e.g.) Adobe Standard is not a single profile, but a whole bunch of different Adobe Standard profiles, each one specific to a camera model - only images using a changed per-camera profile will see any difference. So different people have different experiences with this version update. A profile underlies all adjustments so change is seen even when the process version and the adjustments remain identical. Typically this is some subtle detail, or colour-response improvement but sometimes there is more of an obvious wholesale tone / colour change seen. As much as, when switching between Adobe Standard ('basic vanilla') and Adobe Color ('sweetened vanilla').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yh I'm kind of expecting that photos are just being dealth with differently but wodnering if there's anything I can do about it as it's making LRC unusuable for me as there are other issues I'm tyring to work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "1" history step right above the Import Step.  I have never seen a history step like that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the name of my preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a couple issues.

1 When you apply a preset it shoud say Preset:1  not just 1

2 There is no longer a "Enable Split Toning" item.  Its called "Enable Color Grading".  Maybe there is an issue with upgrading from Split Tone to Color Grading but that would have showed up in the forums a long time ago.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 10.25.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 10.26.20 AM.jpg

 Click the history step one below Enable Split Toning to see what happens.

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you click the Import Step in both version do the photos look the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they don't look different on the import step but the exact same picture with no presets look different in the different versions of illustrato, and if you export them out they both look different, so I guess it's something I've got to live with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have other images that I've exported with the grading on go grainy, doesn't make a difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines