• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exif-IPTC Data

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have done something very wrong 😞   Last evening I was manually copying from PSE captions from a recent trip.  I did my initial editing in Elements since I am work slowly to gain confidence in working entrely in LrC. I closed out both PSE and LrC and continued this morning with opening the folders to this trip and in a separate screen the new photos in LrC.  BTW I sucessfully merged the PSE catalog with Lightroom Classic. Each photo gave me a clean Metadata worksheet and only had my Preset Copyright. I must have done a couple of hundred captions that first time.  The second time I had not Metadata on any of my 37000 photos that were there after I imported the photos to create my initial catalog - photos where there but no Exif-IPTC data regarding camera and settings.  I checked in PSE and every photo had a caption and the appropriate data.  Both Adobe programs still had their own catalogs.  All my photos are stored in the same Photo Folder on an External Drive and are intact. What did I do???  Lightroom opened properly and all folders that were imported were intact except for not showing any Exif-IPTC Data

H Barrison
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second time I had not Metadata on any of my 37000 photos that were there after I imported the photos to create my initial catalog - photos where there but no Exif-IPTC data regarding camera and settings.

Explain this part in more detail, please. Be specific, what "second time", what was the first time?

Explain this part in mroe detail, please. "...after I imported the photos to create my inital catalog" I thought you imported the PSE catalog, there is no importing of photos in this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say that on the first day puting captions in the Metadata worked fine.  The next morning when I opened both programs to contine the project, I no Exif-IPTC DATA in Lightroom on any photo of the images that had been imported several weeks ago.  I went into PSE and all the images had Exif data.  Could it be an issue with merging the catalogs?

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I note that no image moved and I have all the images stored in a single folder on an external drive to be used by the PSE Catalog in PSE and the LrC Catalog in Lightroom Classic

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are still not clear to me.

on the first day puting captions in the Metadata worked fine

The next morning ... no Exif-IPTC DATA in Lightroom on any photo of the images that had been imported several weeks ago.

Were these the same photos that you were putting captions on that "worked fine"? What does the first sentence have to do with the second sentence?

I went into PSE and all the images had Exif data. Could it be an issue with merging the catalogs?

There is no merge of PSE and Lightroom Classic catalogs.

Be specific, give a few examples of EXIF data this is in the PSE catalog and not in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were these the same photos that you were putting captions on that "worked fine"? What does the first sentence have to do with the second sentence?  The changes occurred over a period when the programs were closed not when I was using either LrC or PSE

Be specific, give a few examples of EXIF data this is in the PSE catalog and not in Lightroom Classic.

hbarrison_0-1644703556709.pnghbarrison_1-1644703631960.png

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - When I brought all my images to LrC (36000+) I already had the copyright as a preset.  So I knew that I was not looking at the same template that I had the day before.

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PROBLEM SOLVED!

In the empty Metadata within the Right Panel at the top are two icons, a small "screen" and an "eye".  I decided to click the eye and miraculously all the metadata APPEARED. 

Have a nice day,

Cheers, Harvey Barrison

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines