• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export as numbered sequence - no filenames..

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reordered 95 images into a Collection and need to export them to the hard drive as a numbered sequence - no filenames, just numbers (with or without extensions). Can someone tell me how to create a preset to do that or some other method? Thanks much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library module, select the images you want to rename, then choose 'Rename Photos' from Library menu. Choose File Naming from drop-down menu, Choose Edit, then configure as below screenshot. Also best that you save for future use.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ian. As Michael noted, I do want to keep the orignal file names. But your preset will do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian's example above will actually rename the originals. You can do the same thing in the export dialog box, renaming as you export. This preserves the original file names on disk and only creates the numbered sequence for the exported copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks. Just what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines