• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export book to continue working on second computer

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to continue working on my book using my laptop. I exported the book as a catalogue from my desktop computer so that I can work on it using my laptop. When I did the import as catalogue, I have all the images, but no book. Is there a way to do this? Can I only work on it on my desktop?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly did you do the [Export as a Catalog] ?

Did you select (highlight) the special Book Collection (with the 'Book' icon!) for the Catalog Export?

2022-12-19 15_11_02-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Also you do not need to Import the Catalog on the laptop. Simply [Open] by a double-click on the Exported catalog (be that on an external drive for the transfer, or copied to the laptop internal drive). However you would need to Import the transfer catalog to your primary Laptop catalog if you want the possibility of using images from the Laptop catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected the book icon to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then what?

This procedure works for me-

1) Select the Book Collection-

2022-12-29 14_54_27-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2) [Right-Click] and -

2022-12-29 14_54_37-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

3) Give the Exported Catalog a Folder destination (eg. external drive). Add a Filename for the Catalog Export.

Be sure to include Negative Files, and available Previews.

2022-12-29 14_57_21-Export as Catalog.jpg

4) Now here is my Exported Catalog (Group of files) with all the image Negative files in a folder {IMAGES}

2022-12-29 14_58_24-TEXTURES BOOK.jpg

5) I test this Exported Catalog by a [Double-Click] oon the .LRCAT file, or if my master Catalog is open- I go MENU: File > Open Recent and choose the exported catalog.

2022-12-29 14_59_17-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

6) And here is my "Textures" Collection in the Exported Catalog-

2022-12-29 15_00_12-TEXTURES BOOK - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Follow through this procedure and let us know what you get!

Hint: Don't use Smart Previews- You will not get the photos- In my experience.

2022-12-29 15_12_04-Export as Catalog.jpg2022-12-29 15_13_04-TEXTURES BOOK-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines