Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error: "File cannot be found"

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

My MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2019) automatically upgraded to Monterey Version 12.3.1 overnight. 

It's been running the previous version of Monterey with no errors. This morning when I have tried to export some images out of Lightroom Classic 11.3 release (Camera Raw 14.3) I repeatedly get an error message saying that the export cannot be done as "The files cannot be found". I've tried it with multiple different images - from different shoots throughout the years, and I keep getting the same error message. And I can't export anything.... 

I've got clients waiting on their photos so I'm super-stressed! I can see the orignal and the edited files in Finder, but nope, LR says no. 

HELP! 🙏

(And thank you in advance to anyone who responds to this!)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to this export, If you click on one of the images in Library and use the "Show in Finder" command, does it show up in the finder?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks thedigitaldog. Yes, it goes straight to the correct file in the Finer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there exclamation point icons on the photos (see Figure 2 here) or question mark icons on the folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no exclamation mark...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it give you an option to locate the file when the error pops up. I
simply located the file through the prompt and it resumed working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file and folder permissions for Lightroom Classic might have become corrupted or changed. The fix is to go to the Mac 'System Preferences\Security & Privacy' and under the 'Privacy' tab find 'Files and Folders' in the scroll menu. Then check that 'Adobe Lightroom Classic' has access to the necessary and appropriate folders; Removable Volumes, Downloads Folder, Documents Folder and Desktop Folder.

Thanks !

Regards, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines