Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Export from LR to Instagram

Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to export from Lightroom, directly into Instagram?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021
Simple answer: NO (not directly, obviously you could export, transfer to mobile device, then upload from there) On my Windows computer, I use software called Blue Stacks, which is an Android emulator, so I export from LrC, import into Blue Stacks, then upload to Instagram, no mobile device needed.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021
First you have to download Instagram from the Google Play store. Then you have to launch Instagram and enter your user ID and password. And then to Import files from Windows, there is a File manager app that you have to use to do the Import, after which usual Instagram procedure will access these photos and upload them to IG

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: NO (not directly, obviously you could export, transfer to mobile device, then upload from there)

On my Windows computer, I use software called Blue Stacks, which is an Android emulator, so I export from LrC, import into Blue Stacks, then upload to Instagram, no mobile device needed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I seem to remember a previous iteration of LR that had a Publish to Instagram option.

That being said, I don't use Android devices but in terms of Blue Stack, it doesn't care right?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all you need is an Instagram account and password.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Blue Stacks but for the life of me, I can't figure how to either log onto my Instagram account or even the process of uploading an image.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you have to download Instagram from the Google Play store. Then you have to launch Instagram and enter your user ID and password. And then to Import files from Windows, there is a File manager app that you have to use to do the Import, after which usual Instagram procedure will access these photos and upload them to IG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige...all good now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear! I know that the first time I tried Blue Stacks, it probably took me 30 minutes to discover exactly how to import photos into Blue Stacks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I seem to remember a previous iteration of LR that had a Publish to Instagram option."

There is a plugin that Facebook/Instagram broke when they decided to disallow desktop apps from directly uploading to those services.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Heirloom Bob 

Please mark MY answer correct, not your answer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines