Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export is SUPER slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I'm a real estate photographer. Some days I shoot 3-5 houses-- With a same day deadline. Realtors typically want to list a home at 12:01am the next morning. It takes me legit, max an hour on eat set. But lately the exporting process takes up to 2 hours. I even tried resizing thinking that would help instead of having them at full size since the MLS ruins the quality anyway. Nothing works. What am I doing wronggg??? I've cleared all storage, optimized, I don't get it. Time is moneyyyy. And if this keeps up, I'm going to lose all that money lol. Open to any suggestions!! SN-- I'm exporting currently on a Macbook Pro. But I also use an iMac for editing. Both having the same issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW or JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW, exporting to JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

And has that changed?

If so, from what camera before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D810, I've had it for 4 years. Nothing has changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXPORT.

My bad, above inquiries have more to do wirh Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting back on track, Exporting

Where are you exporting to? What drive? How full is that drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to my hard drive-- It's always clear. I keep all my images on an external. And I only use this computer for editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote " It's always clear. I keep all my images on an external. And I only use this computer for editing. "

What is the capacity of the drive and the free space? The % is relavent, best to have at least 30% free space.

You could have multiple exports running concurrently , this should help.

My experience is that exports take approximately 3 seconds per image.

Just some thoughts.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check to see that your export settings (all of them, every single one) have not changed (accidentally) and are set to what you want. For example, if you have accidentally changed the settings to enlarge the photos to some very large size, and output sharpening is turned on, this could certainly cause what you are seeing.

Check to see that your virus checker is not checking the folder where the photos are to be written, or the folder where the photos are to be stored. Check to see that it is not checking JPGs or RAW files.

Do you have any Logitech plug-in in Lightroom Classic? If so, try disabling them. In fact, temporarily try disabling all plugins and see if that helps.

How is the destination drive attached? Network? USB? Other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines