• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Issue on Mac w/ LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there's some hack/setting I've screwed up with my version of LR on my iMac.

I'll go into my Photos app (after uploading my RAW files), export the images I want to edit out of Photos onto my Desktop. I'll then import the desktop images into LR Classic and edit them, but if I don't have the photos (as in the ones that I exported onto my desktop from Photos) still on my desktop at the time of LR export and have since deleted that copy (even though it's still in the Photos app), LR won't let me export that image that's been edited.

This didn't used to happen when I used LR 5 (or all the previous versions I've owned) however, I've been stuck using LR Classic for the last few months after my subscription with Adobe updated.

Is there a setting I'm missing or am I literally stuck with extra steps continually? I honestly hope not since I've accidentally lost originals out of Photos and can no longer export the edited image from LR.

HELP!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Which version of Lightroom and the operating system you're working with?

Could you try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll check out resetting the preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import into Classic, make sure to select "Move" or "Copy" instead of "Add". WHat is happening with Add is that the Lightroom Catalog simply creates a reference to the file on your desktop in its catalog. You can only work on this image if the file remains on your desktop. However, when you use move or copy, it either moves (or copies) the file fropm your desktop into it's own folder, so it no longer relies on the image file on your desktop but has its own copy, so if you delete the image on the desktop, it no longer loses track of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the next time I fire up Lightroom I'll pay attention to how I'm "adding" them into the program to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines