• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Keywords

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is to edit my photos in LR Classic and then export the edited photo to an external hard drive.  I have wondered about this issue for years, but have never been able to resolve it.  I add keywords to my photos in LR but they do not follow the photo to the external drive.  I think I have followed instructions for "checking the right boxes" to include the keywords, but to no avail.  My computer is a MAC using Big Sur 11.6.7. LR Classic is ver. 11.0.1.  I appreciate any assistance that can be provided here!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Sent too soon ... I can confirm (just verified) that the keywords are written to the jpg's and shown in properties (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you check if the photos have the keywords?

Please post a screenshot of your export metadata settings.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent too soon ... I can confirm (just verified) that the keywords are written to the jpg's and shown in properties (Windows).

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found them. If I right click on a photo and choose "Get Info" they are there. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also perhaps possible to list these keywords as a column, in a grid type (details) file browser view. Certainly that is possible within Windows Explorer.

richardplondon_0-1657556860467.png

The terminology does vary: but "tags" and "keywords" do refer to the same thing.

Other options include showing a column for pixel dimensions, for capture date (rather than creation of modification date), and suchlike. When a folder view is chosen that's specifically suitable for images, rather than all general file types, some of these things may be automatically evident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is where they don't show up, which is why I thought they weren't exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, can you share your Lightroom export settings. There must be something that I need to check or uncheck in order for my keywords to show up in the Tags column like yours do. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If keywords are showing up when you do "Get Info" then you have successfully exported them.

These are my export settings, nothing unusual:

richardplondon_0-1657710981609.png

I did need to set the file browser to display the "tags" column, that column is not normally visible. But the Details pane does show these same tags in any case, per image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the same settings as you are using and these are my columns. Under Keywording I did change the pull down to "Will export" this time.  Very frustrating!

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 8.42.58 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines