Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, 

lightroom only alows me to export my scan in 160dpi but i need it in 300dpi. what shell i do?

thanks for help

L.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic? Or Lightroom? What version NUMBER?

Lightroom Classic only allows you to export in PIXELS per inch (PPI), not DOTS per inch (DPI). Lightroom Classic exports are never in DPI. So please explain further what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah sorry i ment ppiBildschirmfoto 2022-01-17 um 20.27.54.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-01-17 um 20.28.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem is that i have to upload a scan, with 180ppi and it is big and i exported it with 180ppi but it not worked to upload it. and lightroom always say hat 160ppi is the biggest i can export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click on "Resize to Fit"?

Why does it matter anyway? Digital images don't have inches, so the PPI is meaningless.If you export at 300 PPI (if you could) or if you export at 160 PPI, or if you export at 10 PPI, you get the exact same image, not a single pixel changes.

Are you going to print the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you have been successful in exporting the file at 180ppi but cannot get the file to upload because it exceeds file size?

Am I right in my understanding of what you implied?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines