• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple photos with unique names using Excel CSV file

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a teacher and I have to photograph about 200 students each year.  Each photo has to have a unique name, which is the student's ID number.

I have the ID numbers ready in MS Excel and I'm just wondering; is it possible to run the Excel file (probably as CSV file) to name the photos when exporting them?  The plan is that the first photo will get the first name from the Excel file, second photo will get the second name and so on.

Is this possible? If so, please advise how it's done 🙂

If not, is it possible to implement this feature in nearby future 🙂

Best wishes to you all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will likely need to load the students id into a metadata field before exporting. You can potentially use the plugin LR/Transporter for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on DS256's reply, here's an outline of the necessary steps:

1. In LR, go to the folder or collection holding the photos and do View > Sort > File Name.

2. Use LR/Transporter plugin to export a .csv file containing the file names of the photos.

3. Open the .csv file in Excel, and in the column next to the column of file names, paste the column of IDs. Now there are two columns, File Name and ID.

4. Use the LR/Transporter plugin to import the modified .csv, mapping the ID column to the Title metadata field. This will set each photo's Title to its corresponding ID.

5. In the Export window, select the Rename To option and make a filename template that uses the Title token.  Export the photos with that template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines