• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export overwriting after latest update!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update of lightroom, the export settings are ignoring the setting:

Existing Files: Choose a new name for the exported file

Its not working anylonger, and keep overwriting the existing files if you export the files fast 😞

Anyone got the same problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked this and don't see this issue. If I exported a picture and the file name already exists in the appropriate folder I get an dialog. In this dialog I can choose if I will overwriting the file or keep it and export with a new name.

It worked as it should.

In a first step please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its working when you get the dialogscreen, but my settings is: Choose a new name for the exported file...

Whats th idea to use this settings if its not working anymore?

It used to work before on both machines, now it dosn't work anymore on both machines?

Try the settings, and use Ctrl+Shift+E fast 2-3 times as it my way to work fast and see what happens then 🙂

Like I said before, I used to use it that way and worked perfect....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 've tried that with several different settings and I got already the appropriate dialog screen if I try to export a picture with the same name. I don't see anyx bug. It worked as it should. 

Do you have tried to reset the preferences as I wrote in my formaer post? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, but still the same (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which export settings do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Existing Files: Choose a new name for the exported file

In the first section. so that it should rename the file if it exist, and that where the problem started after latest update 🙂

I have been using lighroom for about 8 years and never got the problem before.

So I should mean its a error i lightroom since i face the problem on both computers at the same time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My setings looks like the same as yours and for me it worked. So I don't see a bug.

Only an idea!!

In the latest version of lightroom the export functionality is supported by GPU. 

Try to disable the GPU support and check again.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

At the moment I don't have another idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stillnot working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I mean Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does overwrite the file if you use the shortcut fast but why would you want to export the same file multiple times to multiiple files to the same place with the previous export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I make it in color first, then black & white ect....

I always did it that way with no problems, its after the latest update it started being a problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem since the update. Totally annoying because I have to wait until a photo has been exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a solution now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines