• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export photos in printing diminsions

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to order a large poster print but my export to Jpeg resize output is contrained to a very small size (4 x 1.5) , when I try to use my standard  Jpeg photo, the sides of the image is cropped off. I can't exxport to a 4:3 format either. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you maybe provide more details on your settings. 

For example, here's an example I just did. I assumed it would be a 24x36" posted with a 1/2 inch border so the image needs to be 23x35". Here are my settings

DS256_0-1614541521526.png

The resulting JPG file is 5923x10500 pixels and 27.1MB. The export looked like the one I developed.

If you want to export in a specific ratio, I'd suggest cropping to that first or calculate the pixels/inches for each dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be an issue with quality and resolution that is limiting me to smaller dimisions (output in inchs). What is the maximum resolution or file limit for say a 22x28 frame quality print? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the maximum resolution or file limit for say a 22x28 frame quality print? 

The maxium size you can print will be dependant on the original file size and if LR needs to enlarge it. That means you should inspect the export before shipping to the service.

Here's a useful calculator to determine what you can do. LR will try to enlarge your image if you let it.

Also, here's an article on Sizing Photos for Upload in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The article available at the link below should provide some useful hints.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/file-resolution/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines