• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Size Limit Warning

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else get this warning when exporting with "Limit File Size To:"?

This has never showed up before until a recent update. I believe there is no difference when actually exporting except for the warning. While I have not done extensive research, should I be concerened?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.30.40 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Yes, it looks like a minor change in 11.4 to give an overt warning about possible consequences should the requested output size limit not be possible. Nothing to be concerned about.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks like a minor change in 11.4 to give an overt warning about possible consequences should the requested output size limit not be possible. Nothing to be concerned about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand the problem-  If you are NOT resizing the 'Pixel' dimensions of your exported image (ie. to be smaller than the original), then it becomes impossible to compress the exported file sufficiently to meet the Limit set, even with the maximum compression (low quality) of the JPG.

A bit like trying to fit 15 eggs into a 12-egg carton. 🙂

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think that new information icon is indicating a specific problem, Rob. As far as I can tell, it is a simple information message (which only appears when the "Limit File Size" box is checked) advising the user what LrC will do if the specified size limit cannot be achieved when the export is processed. It seems that the icon appears no matter what the specified size is, so it is not a specific warning that the requested size limit will not be achieved in that particular export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines