Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export size wrong for landscape pictures

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Lightroom 10.2 on iMac Catalina.

Since a few versions, whenever I export a pictures using "Larger size" = 2048px parameter I obtain:

- Portrait pictures correctly sized 1365 × 2048

- Landscape pictures wrongly sized 3072 × 2048 (They should be 2048x1365)

I tested using shorter size or toggling the "no resize" parameter with no effect.

I attach few printsceens of the export interface.

Thank you very much for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

I advise: change the sizing method to "width and height" (instead of "longer edge") - and then set both the width and the height maximum dimensions to 2048px. 

I have always found that method reliable when the other methods were sometimes not.

This way and setting "longer edge" should in principle work identically - but in practice there is probably less to go wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been reported before, but I do not know if a solution has been found. I would recommend you do a search in this forum, and also at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Before posting I did a search but found no relevant topic.

Richard below suggested  With&Height workarond that works for me.

Thank you very much for your reply anyhow

Have a nice day 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I advise: change the sizing method to "width and height" (instead of "longer edge") - and then set both the width and the height maximum dimensions to 2048px. 

I have always found that method reliable when the other methods were sometimes not.

This way and setting "longer edge" should in principle work identically - but in practice there is probably less to go wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard.

Thank you very much for your reply.

This worked for me.

The Longer Edge worked I belive until V9 then stoped after V10 upgrade.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help. 

Over the years, a number of people have reported this fixes problems with Long Edge:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-91-export-jpg-to-jp... 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-export-resize-to-fit-long-e... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'll keep the link for future reference.

As a matter of fact only the export size gives me headhake but Richard above suggested a width and height solution that worked for me. So thats ok now.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you exported, were the images cropped to the same ratios as the desired size proportions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As a matter of fact I dont want to change proportions I just want all pictires to be exporter with longer size = 2048px (and shorter size calculated in consequence). This has been working well until V9 I think. Then stopped working.

I used the "with and heith" solution suggested by richard above and it works.

Thank anyhow for your reply

have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines